Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Letter about the war 2

Dear Mum Dad & Amanda

It's been 3 weeks since I left we were ambushed at the boats from snipers me and a few other soldiers hid behind a rock blind firing. We got a couple snipers out. They fled back for ammo so we all began to dig out a trench  we've been swapping going on watches to make sure the germans and other forces aren't coming in our sleep we've been pushing forward in the last few days but there a reeking smell of mud and dead and rotting flesh of dead corpses. Some soldiers were not ready thinking it would be an adventure and now there rocking themselves to sleep at night

From oliver

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Excellent job on your blog post Oliver! You have written a very deep and somber letter about a soldier at war, and I really appreciate the amount of detail you have included in your letter.
    Reading this post, I can picture the soldier and see everything he had/ is having to go through.
    I think it was great of you to start the letter with ‘It’s been 3 weeks since I left’ because it shows the timeline in which this soldier’s life has completely changed.
    You have included some great insight about the life of a soldier in your letter, such as digging out trenches and thinking war would be an adventure.
    Have you written any more letters about this soldiers life at war? It would be awesome to see you post another letter when the soldier has been there for a month, 6 months, or even a year!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oliver nice story. Is it a true story or a fake one? Either way its really nice. Maybe add some full stops in some areas.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post